Option to keep the original name of an imported object instead of kiwi_#

It would be pretty useful when working with a lot of imported files that will later be exported under the same name, taking advantage of the new “Individual Export” option.

The thing is all objects in Qubicle have to have a unique name. So if an object is imported with a same name it gets an index. If I change that, I break functionality at a different end, namely mesh export. I understand your problem but there’s not much I can do about it. Sorry

On second thought, what I could do is remove the name index during QB export. I’ll add it to the list.

Hey there!
I noticed you already added the feature, thank you!
It’s a really nice option to have, but that’s not exactly what I meant. I’m very sorry for not elaborating on the idea and not choosing the right words for describing it.

What I mean is if I import a file called, for example, round_table_top, have the matrix for that object called the same.

Sorry again for the confusion, and thank you for the great work.

I am sorry but I can’t do that. QB supports naming of objects inside the files. If someone names an object X but saves it as Y then after import the object would be named Y, if I change the behavior in the way you propose. That might be useful in some cases, but not so much in others.
I could add that behavior for other file types that do not support object naming.