Is Qubicle dead?

There have been no updates in over a year. Nothing from the official Twitter account in just as long. Just wondering what the roadmap is from here…

@Hyoscine I have contacted the official Qubicle dev, he said:

I can fully understand your concern. I have been very silent lately. The reason for that is that I am currently rewriting Qubicle which takes my full attention. I saw the necessity to do so because the feature requests that I got are no longer compatible with the core libraries. The new version will include a new render engine that supports PBR among loads of other very useful things that I don’t want to disclose at this moment. Rest assured that I don’t have nor ever had any intention to drop this project. I will go public with a list of new features as soon as I feel comfortable to confirm them. Rewriting a software is a long process and I can’t name any ETA at this point. I do work on this fulltime since late 2016. Long story short: no worries, I won’t disappoint you.

Cheers
Tim

So I am impatient about it to since I love Qubicle, but from that, I really do feel good knowing that Qubicle has great future ahead.

I suggest you email him about any feature requests you have here: Support: support@minddesk.com

Updated minecraft color maps?

That’s good to hear, thanks for the update.

Great news! I had emailed the info@minddesk.com address:

“I’d like to buy Qubicle, but wanted to know if it’s going to continue to be supported and will have more updates? Thank you!!”

but never heard anything back. I bought it anyway because it looked to be the best for game development. So this is great to hear, and hopefully an upgrade discount. Thanks!

-Chris

I’m also willing to pay more money to keep this editor up and running. I’m using it for game development and I like it above the other voxel editors out there. Please keep up development. And maybe even look for a new payment model to earn money with it. I think the payment model for the Qubicle editor at the moment is a bit behind of modern editors. I’m sure much more money can be made with this editor. Have you already looked into good investors and proper marketing etc?

@Jojoba007 Btw I don’t develop the software, I’m a user like you. But I agree, this is the top voxel software imo, and I really cannot wait until the next update.