Have 2.5.8 version and no free upgrade for 3.0

Very disappointed, buy qubicle in its beta version because it’s a great program and to support minddesk to continue to grow (I had no money for the commercial version), after some time with errors “corrupted files after you import a png”, to waiting for was resolved in 3.0 that and need to pay almost 40 €? Sorry but this is really a bad market movement towards people who support

Is this true? Will there be no free upgrade to 3.0 for previous users?

http://www.minddesk.com/support.php check out the freq asked questions

To upgrade to Qubicle 3.0 please use the Update Center.
Depending on version, edition and order date, here are your options:

Qubicle 2.0 Home Editon (ordererd before November 29, 2015)
Upgrade to Qubicle 3.0 Indie Edition: $40 USD
Upgrade to Qubicle 3.0 Pro Edition: $100 USD

Qubicle 2.5 Home Editon (ordererd after November 29, 2015)
Free Upgrade to Qubicle 3.0 Indie Edition Available May 6, 2016

Qubicle 2.0 Master Editon (ordererd before November 29, 2015)

Qubicle 2.5 Master Editon (ordererd after November 29, 2015)
Free Upgrade to Qubicle 3.0 Pro Edition Available May 6, 2016

I know that and like i say not free update for me because preorder before november 29, anyway when purchased they say have all upcoming updates.

I am also very disappointed :C

Bought a 2.0 Home Edition on July/2015.
I was waiting for animation support so I never really used the software.

I can’t tell how disappointed I am right now.

Bunch of whiners! :stuck_out_tongue: Just kidding…

Look at me, I’m in since the first Qubicle Master Edition plus Qubicle Unite, bought Qubicle 2 in September 2015 and as that’s before November I got a discount. I can’t afford the Pro Edition, I’ll be eating rice and pasta for a month because I could just pay for the Indie Edition and couldn’t even use a card with my name on it. Yeah, getting the Qubicle Master to Pro upgrade for free would have been so great I’d made a shrine to Minddesk with a statue of Tim Wesoly in the altar. I’d need a picture of him, granted, but I’d do it. On the other hand, should I /ragequit because I got a 30% discount instead of a 100% one? I don’t think so: I love Qubicle way too much.

If I happen to make over $80K I’ll buy the Pro Edition… some ten licenses to give away as gifts.
And if anyone I give such a gift complains about animation features missing I’ll kick the voxels out of them!

First world problems my voxels!

Here is not asking about the pro version, just any 3.0 version for 2.x users. And if you can purchase the indie version grats for you, i cant afford this price. Rice and pasta 1 month i like that, for me its christmas

Im working with a gts260 graphic card, you can imagine what suppossed to me

Pro and Indie have the same features, there’s the income resctriction but that’s it.

So, what are the 3.0 features you’re missing in, say, 2.5.8? Let me guess: Utility, Mesh and Voxelizer modules. Those are included in the Indie and Pro Editions. So yes, you’re asking for a free Indie/Pro upgrade.

You’re the OP, you said you bought Qubicle during beta and couldn’t buy “the commercial version”. I’m not sure how could that apply to “supporting Qubicle”, mostly because I’ve made efforts on my end to pay three times for different Qubicle versions. For what you say it seems you paid once (upon a time) and want the latest version for free. I may be mistaken but that’s what it looks like. As clear as English is not your mother language; I can address you in several others if you want my points more clear, just let me know.

It’s common practice to have minor version free updates (1.1, 1.2, 1.3…) and providing discounts for existing users when a major version is released (1.x, 2.x, 3.x…). That’s what we got, with price ranges way below those of Autodesk or Adobe to name a couple. I could argue about setting up dates such as “bought before” because I feel those who purchased 2.X early are as valuable as customers as those who bought it later. I could even add that offering upgrade discounts to 1.x users would be nice. But free major version upgrades should be exceptional, not the norm.

We could talk about the need of a voxelizer while we’re exporting objects with the same t-junctions and optimization issues from the first version. We could discuss about the “slicing” of Qubicle in DLCs, even about how Steam may help Qubicle, its creators and users. We could talk about a lot of things more interesting than “I own a previous version and want some freebies”. And please, check again the prices; you said 40€ but I think in your case it’s closer to 25.90€ (VAT included). Log in to the Update Center with your order number and email, hit buy, enter the code and then tell me.

Cheers!

Edited: Messed up versions line, it’s better now.

Edit 2: Quoting Qubicle’s Support Center

For a Qubicle 2.0 license ordered before November 29, 2015 you will get
Steam keys for Qubicle Voxel Editor and Qubicle Utility Module.

Does that work for you? Free Qubicle 3.0 + Utility Module?