Frequently Asked Questions

• What does “commercial usage” mean?
    If you create a product - for instance a video game - and you earn money with it by selling licenses or by getting revenues from advertisement or anything else, then your product is commercial.
    If you use Qubicle as one of your tools to create a commercial product then a Master license is required.
    If your budget is tight we allow you to start with a Home license and upgrade to Master once your product is released and you can afford the upgrade.

• Can I purchase the Home Edition now and upgrade to Master later?
    Yes. If your budget is tight or you are unsure if your product will be commercial we allow you to start with a Home license and upgrade to Master once your product is released and you can afford the upgrade.

• Can I upgrade my Qubicle Constructor 1.6 license to Qubicle 2.0?
    Of course. To upgrade use the Qubicle Update Center: www.getQubicle.com/updates/

• Current upgrade prices:
    Qubicle Constructor 1 Master to Qubicle 2 Master: $100 + VAT
    Qubicle Constructor 1 Home to Qubicle 2 Home: $40

• Can I upgrade my Qubicle Constructor 1.6 version to Qubicle 2.0 for OS X?
    Yes, no problem. To upgrade use the Qubicle Update Center: www.getQubicle.com/updates/

• Does Qubicle run under virtual machines?
    Qubicle does not run in virtual machines. Users can purchase a discounted cross-license or… (see next point).

• Can I switch a Qubicle 2.0 license from Windows to OS X?
    Yes. Please send an e-mail to support[at]minddesk.com containing at least your full name and your order number.

• May I install Qubicle 2 on my PC and my laptop?
    Qubicle 2 licenses are single seat licenses but we allow you to install Qubicle 2 on two computers if you are the only person using those two computers.

• How long will I get updates?
    If you own a 2.x license you will get all 2.x updates for free.

• Can I still order Qubicle Constructor 1.6?
    No.

• Is an education license available for Qubicle?
    The Home edition was once the Educational edition until we decided to make it available for everyone. We will offer a $15 Basic edition once we are on Steam.

• Any plans for multi-language interface?
    Yes, this will definitely come. We will donate free licenses for those of you who would like to help.

• What is the status of the voxelization function (Voxelizer)?
    Very good. We are actually working on it right now (Dec 2015). Release should be early 2016.

• Will it be possible to transfer an existing “Minddesk License” to Steam
    If you’ve ordered a license after our Steam Greenlight campaign did start then definitely yes. For all others we are still unsure if and how we want to manage this. Will be decided until the actual Steam release.

• Is a reference or manual available?
    Yes. You can find a section named “Learn” on the homepage. Here you will find some learning resources. The page can be accessed by either clicking on the menu item “Learn”, directly on the website, or via the “Open Learning Resources”-button on Qubicle’s start screen.

• What happened to the Qubicle Unite plugin for Unity3D?
    Qubicle Unite was completely added to the main application, so there’s no need for it any longer…

Help get Qubicle 2.5 greenlit on Steam!
What happened to Qubicle Unite plugin for Unity3D?
Qubicle on Virtual Machine?
Is there a reference manual?
Upgrade to Qubicle 2.5 from 2.x?
Which license should I buy (and can I upgrade)?